Working Holidaymaker Extension Visa

Working Holidaymaker Extension Visa

Working Holidaymaker Extension Visa

If you are in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) and you can prove you have undertaken three months or more of seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industry you may apply for the Working Holidaymaker Extension Visa. Successful applicants will be granted a work visa for an additional three months from the expiry date of their WHV. The visa will have the same conditions as the original WHV including travel conditions – which means you are allowed to leave and re-enter the country as often as you wish before the visa expires.


How do I apply?

If you think you are eligible, you should:

– fill in the SSE Work Visa Application (INZ 1153, PDF)
pay the correct fee
– attach evidence of your employment in the horticulture or viticulture industry such as letters from your employers and Inland Revenue Department (IRD) statements
– provide evidence that you have an outward ticket to leave New Zealand – or sufficient funds to buy one
– send the application to the nearest Immigration New Zealand branch as this type of visa cannot be applied for online

Note: Applicants for Working Holidaymaker Extension Visas do not have to provide medical or X-ray certificates to New Zealand Immigration regardless of the duration of their stay – unless specifically asked for by an immigration officer.


Find out what you need to know about the Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand.

deutsch english espanol